Real estate transactions require attention to detail, forethought, and speed. At TDJ Law, we will make the process hassle free by letting you know what to expect throughout the process. Our lawyer will work to ensure you get what you bargained for so you that you can have the peace of mind in knowing that you are taken care of. Our guaranteed lawyer fee for Real Estate Purchase is a flat rate of $1295.00 all-inclusive + Title insurance. That’s right! We are up front with our fees so that you can calculate your total with no surprises! Book an appointment at TDJ Law Real Estate for your consultation! Our estate offices are located in Ottawa East, South of Downtown at Unit I – 224 Huntclub Road Ottawa ON.
Our Personal Service Guarantee
A commitment to your comfort and best interest is at the center of our philosophy. To this end, we offer you:
- Access to our convenient office location in Ottawa East in the South at 224 Hunt Club Road (next to the T&T Supermarket) with free parking.
- Extended working hours (by appointment) until 6:00pm on weekdays and 5:00pm on Saturday.
- We will walk you through the entire real estate purchase process.
- Reasonable real estate lawyer ottawa flat rate fees which ensures that you know all your home legal costs upfront!
- Contact us!
Our Role as Your Real Estate Lawyer
As your estate attorney, we are responsible for coordinating your transaction to ensure a successful closing. Generally we will provide you with the following services:
- Review your Agreement of Purchase and Sale so that you understand your rights, obligations and any special provisions.
- Provide you with a reasonable cost estimate for your closing.
- Where available, review an existing survey with you or to secure a new survey from your builder in order to confirm your lot size and building location.
- Advise you of the fire and extended coverage insurance needed for your closing.
- Conducting a title search to ensure that the vendor is selling you good ownership rights and that no other party has a registered claim to the property that will adversely affect your interests.
- If applicable, reviewing your condominium status certificate.
- Arranging title insurance to protect your ownership interest in the home.
- Processing your mortgage lender’s requirements and conditions so that you can obtain the necessary funds for closing.
- Obtaining a tax certificate from the City to verify that the property tax account has been cleared.
- Ensuring there are no utility account arrears that will affect your ownership interest.
- Resolving any title defects.
- Preparing all closing documents and explaining them to you so that you understand what your signing.
- Calculating, collecting and remitting your land transfer taxes to the government.
- Advising you of the exact closing costs.
- Registering your deed to the land and mortgage, if applicable.
- Providing you with a full report of the transaction.