Fixed Lawyer Fees
What are the costs involved?
At TDJ Law we offer no-surprise pricing: the price you are quoted is the price you will pay. This web page contains our Ottawa lawyer fees, real estate lawyer fees, lawyer fees for wills, and all other legal fees for services that we offer. Whether you are buying, selling or refinancing, we strongly recommend that you review our following web pages for detailed information regarding your transactions. Depending on the transaction we offer flat rate prices to help with calculating your costs.
Book an appointment at TDJ Law Real Estate for more information! Our offices are located in Ottawa East, South of Downtown at Unit I – 224 Huntclub Road Ottawa ON.
In particular, we outline costs, our services, your role and more. Here you will find some of the real estate services we can offer to help minimize risk and ensure a smooth transaction when buying or selling your home or other residential property:
REAL ESTATE LEGAL FEES OF PURCHASE AND SALE:
1) Purchase of residential property: $1295.00 all-inclusive (disbursements + HST) + Title Insurance + Status Certificate (for condos only).
2) Sale of residential property: $880.00 all-inclusive.
3) Refinancing: $945.00 all-inclusive + Title Insurance.
4) Title Transfer: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a up to date quote because total cost depends on whether there is a mortgage refinancing involved. Land transfer taxes may also apply if there is a mortgage or if the title transfer is exchange for a price.
NOTE: These legal fees include search costs, execution certificates, courier fees, certified cheques, faxes, photocopies, postage, conveyancer fee, communications with our office, reasonable long-distance calls and the Law Society Transaction Levy applicable to home sales. The cost quoted above are only for simple transactions involving single-family homes. Total cost is subject to change based on type of property, complexity and price of the home.
To engage our services for residential real estate transactions, please email a copy of the purchase agreement to email@example.com. Upon receipt of your purchase and sale agreement, we will prepare our intake package and send to you for review.
1) Will and power of attorney for individual: $295.00 + HST.
2) Will and power of attorney for couples: $445.00 + HST.
To engage our services for drafting a will, please email your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt of your email and we will prepare our intake package and send to you for completion. Once the intake form is completed, we will book a meeting with you to review the draft will package between 1-2 weeks of receiving your intake materials. We will contact you directly if we have any questions concerning your intake materials.
1) Certifying documents as true copies: $30.00 each + HST ($20 for each additional document).
2) Notarizing documents: $30.00 each + HST ($20 for each additional document).
3) Drafting and witnessing affidavits: $125.00 each + HST.
4) Preparing statutory declarations: $125.00 each + HST.
For any notary service, you will be required to provide us with two original government Ids when you attend our office. Note that Ontario health cards are not an accepted form of ID. Payment must be made by cash, check or email transfer. Visa and debit payments are not accepted at our office. Please email email@example.com for inquiries.